In today’s competitive world it is important to have a recognised certificate showing your English Language level.
The Cambridge Main Suite examinations are the perfect way to demonstrate your level of English.
Summary of Cambridge Main Suite
- KET (A2 – B1) Key English Test
- PET (B1) Preliminary English Test
- FCE (B2) First Certificate in English
- CAE (C1) Certificate in Advanced English
- CPE (C2) Certificate of Proficiency in English
Our preparation courses operate on an ongoing basis from September to June and are designed for students who wish to take P.E.T., F.C.E. and C.A.E. Students can study on a part-time (9 hours per week) or full-time (16 hours per week) basis. The courses are designed by our senior tutors who have a great deal of experience tutoring Cambridge preparation courses.
The curriculum is course based on the requirements of the exam and the class material used in the course reflects that of the five papers of the exam; Reading, Writing, Use of English, Listening and Speaking. The exercises and tasks are directly related to those of the exam, and as such provide essential exam training.
To ensure that all students are properly prepared for the exam, the course provides guidance on exam techniques and language support, and introduces students to particular grammar and vocabulary which are relevant to the specific exams.
Our Cambridge preparation courses are taken in conjunction with general English courses as continuing to improve general English skills is of vital importance to achieving success in these exams.
A weekly practice test is monitored by the Director of Studies and helps students familiarise themselves with the test format and procedures and also acts as a self-measuring tool for students. Weekly feedback is given to students on an individual basis following the test.
The examination entry fees are NOT included in the price of the course (unless stated in promotional publicity). Typically our students take the examinations in either Cardiff or Bristol and fees are between £130 - £180 depending on the centre and the level of the examination. We can help you to register for the examination and your Personal Tutor will guide you through the registration process.
All students receive a Peartree Languages certificate at the end of the course. This certificate will show your name, your start date, your end date, your course type and your final level.
- All classes have a maximum of 12 adult students
- Students must buy a book suitable to their examination, which costs approximately £30
- We charge an administration fee of £ 25 per student in the first month only.
- We charge an administration fee of £ 50 per student for issuing a letter of acceptance or student Visitor Visa letter plus any postage costs.
- A discount of 5% of total course fees (not administration) is offered when three months of study is paid in advance.
- A minimum of one month of fees and administration fee is required in advance to start your course.